Ireland’s first Eco Garden Centre has opened in Portarlington in May 2021.
Our Goal is to become a food & recreational destination and to attract like-minded customers and producers from around Ireland.
Our new garden centre is built on an old disused industrial site from disused shipping containers and recycled materials. It is our passion to promote sustainable living and champion ‘green’ gardening practices as well as supporting the sale of local artesian products. We have an inviting food village for tasty treats while you browse, and you will see we use only composable packaging.
Everything we have built has used recyclable materials - we have maintained sustainable principles in everything we do. Our shop is free from chemicals as we only sell organic and natural pest and weed controls.
We have converted a derelict factory into a 22,000 sq. ft. garden shop, with over 5,500 products, beside are garden centre which will have everything you need for the garden.
We have incorporated:
- A native Irish wildflower meadow with locally sources wildflowers
- Porous grass grid carparking
- Eco friendly decking
- Native planting
- Recycled materials for shop fitting, shelving, signage, plant benches & tree planters
Our Eco core values and concepts:
- Use only recyclable packaging in our shop & food court
- Grow our own fresh produce on site
- Use local food producers & suppliers
- Install electric car charging points
- Compost our waste & turn it back into garden soil
- Move away from all harmful garden chemicals, herbicides & pesticides & to natural / organic alternatives
- Move away from non-recyclable plastic in our plant pots
- Champion natural & environmentally safe garden practices
- Install 10 beehives
- Run courses in sustainable gardening
- Use recycled well water for irrigation
- Move towards sustainable energy Food Court